Friday, July 13, 2007

Reverse Mortgage

This is my first stroll down the blog path and it will pertain to my new venture into Reverse Mortgages. Its meant to help educate and remove any confusion the words may cause.

It should really be called an Home Equity Redeemer instead of Reverse Mortgage. When I bought my house I got a Mortgage, so getting a Reverse Mortgage almost sounds like I'm giving it back. In a way I am, but that could be where the idea of the bank taking the home when the borrower dies comes from. I don't see the bank taking anything from someone redeeming their equity, but its not my say in the naming of the product.

I will be providing links to information and calculators so that you have the information in front of you if you are a senior interested in a Reverse Mortgage or have an interest in helping someone redeem some equity in the interest of giving them the financial assistance they may need at this time.

Stay tuned. I promise I won't leave it stagnant like I see others doing. Please don't hesitate to keep me on my toes as well if you stumble upon me in mid-blog build.

Happy Friday 13th

No comments: